Participation in conferences and organization of advocacy events
Home > Activities > Global advocacy on safe abortion > Participation in conferences and organization of advocacy events
ICMA utilises opportunities provided by conferences and workshops to advocate for and disseminate information on medical abortion. Some of the significant meetings where ICMA has been represented in the last four years include:
- 9th Conference of FIAPAC "Achieving Excellence in Abortion-Care", 22-23 October 2010, Seville, Spain.
- The First International Conference on Women’s Abortion (IWAC 2010), 20-23 January 2010, Bangkok, Thailand.
- The Second International Conference “Early Terms of Pregnancy: problems, solutions and outlook”, 28-30 May 2009, Moscow, Russia.
- 11th AWID (Association for Women's Rights in Development) International Forum, 14-17 November 2008, Cape Town, South Africa.
- International Federation of Professional Abortion and Contraception Associates (FIAPAC) Conference, 24-25 October 2008, Berlin, Germany. .
- Fourth Asia Pacific Conference on Reproductive and Sexual Health and Rights,organized in India by the India Consortium on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, 29-31 October 2007.
- Global Safe Abortion Conference, organized by Marie Stopes International (MSI) and Ipas, 23-24 October, London, UK.
- International Federation of Obstetricians & Gynecologists (FIGO) World Congress, November 2006, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Berzelius Symposium 65, Reproductive Health and Rights: Contraception, Abortion and Society, April 2006, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 3rd Asia Pacific Conference on Reproductive and Sexual Health, November 2005, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.